It’s been a while since I wrote my weekly status update. I have excuses for this abandonment: part-time job, freelance writing gig, revisions, etc. But I’m going to try to keep this going, even though no one but my girlfriend reads these.
- The first read of Novel 2: Draft 1 will commence shortly.
- I joined a bunch of swell ladies in a digital cabin for July’s CampNaNoWriMo with the goal of completing a first draft of Novel 3. It’s halfway complete. But I stopped last fall to research more about one of my POV characters, who is a Vietnamese refugee. I’m ready to dive in!
- I took an essay class at GrubStreet this past spring: 6 Weeks, 6 Essays. I loved switching off my fiction brain and trying out some non fiction. I learned that some areas of my life are best left fictionalized, or may work better without a 750 word limit. But the class and my classmates were incredible. We decided to create a writing group to keep the love flowing. We meet next Thursday to write, write, write.
- Binged the 3rd season of Orange is the New Black. Loved it. Season two was not my fave. I’m glad they didn’t go into New Big Bad Every Season territory and went back to focusing on the characters. A hearty clap of approval. Now, we’re hitting Battlestar Galactica Season 3 after our short OITNB pause.
- The Chicken & Jus at West Bridge is goddamned divine.
- As usual, I waited until the last minute to write a blog post that is supposed to go live this Tuesday.
- As usual, I waited until the last minute to read submissions for my writing group, which meets this Tuesday.