I’m a little late posting this week because of Daylight Savings Time. I was in bed by 9:30 on Sunday night. Thanks, Obama. Anyway, here’s the situation:
- Beth. Sigh. The problem with Beth is that she’s just not that interesting as a character. To spend an entire episode focused on her taxed my patience. But I’m gonna give her a shot. I will.
- I spent most of the episode trying to figure out which shows these new actors used to inhabit. Oh, hey there Everybody Loves Chris actor, Tyler James Williams! Oh hiiii lesbian character from FlashForward (what a colossal crash of a TV show).
- I support violent death-by-zombie penalties for all rapists.
- The Walking Dead starts and ends seasons so well that I can’t quit. This is also why I continue to watch Sons of Anarchy, which goes off the rails all the time (Opie, you’re in my heart forever). I’m getting whiffs of a mid-season slump on TWD. What I don’t want to see is yet another rescue mission that takes our gang of survivors into yet another “Hell is other people” scenario, which the hospital situation seems to be. We’ve been there and done that a lot in the past few seasons. Governor season: zzzz. I applaud these new actors. But I also crave getting back to the characters I’ve grown to love, such as Glenn, Michonne, Carol and Darryl. I want to see them “up a tree with rocks thrown at them,” as the saying goes. I hope that TWD takes a left turn and doesn’t dwell too long at the hospital. Hell is other people who have come back from the dead and want to eat your brains. Let’s get back to some zombie trauma!
- Speaking of, the previews for next week give me hope. I’m so down with the on the road shenanigans of our DC-bound crew.